Before starting any project it’s essential to get the right preliminary information from my clients. This will help pave the way to a successful project, assist in bringing my client’s vision into perspective and build a lasting relationship. Many of the questions below will also help in putting together an accurate quote for your project. Things such as deadlines, usage, etc. should take into account pricing.
- How would you describe your services and/or products?
- What are the long term goals of your company?
- Why do you want a new logo? (if they already have one) What do you want your new logo to accomplish?
This question helps to understand the problem (if any).
- Who are your main competitors?
Having clients provide links allows you to get a better feel for their market and competition.
- How are you different from your competitors?
- What’s the age range of your target customer base?
Helps in creating an overall feeling and impression of the logo.
- Do you have a tag line? If so, would you like it stated along side your logo?
- Do you have any specific imagery in mind for your logo?
- Do you have any color preferences, or existing brand colors?
- Do you have any colors that you do not wish to use?
- What adjectives should best describe your logo?
- What feeling or message do you want your logo to convey to those who view it?
- How do you prefer your logo to be worded or written out?
Example: "thedesigncubicle" or "the design cubicle"
- How would you like the typography to appear?
Example: script, bold, light, hand drawn, custom lettering
- Where will you logo be used?
Example: print, web…
- Where will your logo primarily be used?
If the primary usage is for the web, typically horizontal logos work best.
- What’s your preferred deadline, time frame or exact date of completion?
- Would you like any addition design services to be packaged with your new logo?
Example: business cards, envelops, letterheads, etc.
- What logos appeal to you and why?
Do you have any visual examples?